Here is a link to a short video about POE in New Hampshire
Activities at a glance
- Inspiring private daily lessons, appropriate for each student’s individual level, with outstanding professional teachers and ample practice time
- Master classes and recitals by outstanding organists and technical experts
- Student Showcase recital on the IV Schantz Organ at Shattuck Auditorium, Carroll University
- Artist recital at the organs of the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist
- Tour of an organbuilding workshop to learn about the anatomy of the pipe organ.
- Opportunities to play many of the most distinguished organs of the Milwaukee area
- Fun activities, including a visit to “Organ Piper Pizza” for pizza and music
- Make friends for life and gain inspiration to grow as a musician with the guidance of dedicated teachers and performers.
Participants will study with distinguished artists/teachers and church musicians, all of whom have an interest in working with young musicians of all levels of experience. Here is a partial list; Martha Aslaksen, Charles Barland, Bruce Bengston, Lee Erickson, Thomas Koester, Audrey Timm-Rhinehart, Scott Riedel, Drew Rutz, Marilyn Schempp (check this site for additional faculty names as they become available.)
Housing will be provided on the campus of Carroll University in air-conditioned, double-occupancy dormitory rooms. Meals will be provided by the University Food-Service. There will be full-time chaperones who have had background checks.
The registration fee includes tuition, room, all meals, a POE T-shirt, and sponsored activities. Each student will receive a one-year student membership in the American Guild of Organists.
An Early Registration Fee of $375 is offered for applications postmarked on or before April 30, 2010. You are urged to register early as enrollment is limited to 22 students. After April 30, 2010, regular tuition will be $425. No registrations will be accepted after June 1, 2010. If, for any reason, the registration needs to be canceled, tuition will be partially refunded if notification is given on or before
June 1, 2010. No refunds will be made after June 1, 2010
For additional information or questions, please contact:
Larry Wheelock, POE Milwaukee Co-Director
For scholarship information or questions, please contact:
Tom Koester, POE Milwaukee Co-Director
Milwaukee POE Task-Force
Facilities/Sights/Housing Coordinator -- Craig Bodoh
Services/Transport/Chaperone Coordinator -- Charles HabeckTreasurer -- Mark Davidson
Scholarship Coordinator -- Fr. Tom Lijewski
Grants/Funding Coordinator -- Ingrid Pierson
Secretary/Registrar -- Todd Anderson
Publicity Coordinator -- Larry Wheelock
Faculty Coordinator -- David BeyerCo-Chairs -- Tom Koester & Larry Wheelock
In preparation for the 2010 POE in Milwaukee, Co-Director, Larry
Wheelock visited the Region VI POE in Sioux Falls, SD. Here is a link
to see some (unsorted) photos of the events there.Photos of POE in Sioux Falls SD, Jul 2009(NOTE: This link will open a new window in your browser and take you to another site to view the photos.)